Congratulations to Amie Panteny, CrossFit Pax’s May Athlete of the month. Amie and her husband David recently welcomed their first son, David, to the world. During Amie’s pregnancy, she inspired many people around CrossFit PAX with her incredible level of effort and amazing “can do” attitude. During the 2016 CrossFit Open, Amie took on and completed each workout with determination and intensity. She was seen still doing double unders and pull-ups all the way up until the last few weeks of her pregnancy. Many people around PAX were moved by her willingness to adapt movements, give her best effort, and smile the whole way through it. We loved seeing her posts about Baby P taking on different challenges. Congratulations Amie for your selection as Athlete of the Month and we can’t wait to see you back in the gym in a few weeks.
What or who brought you to CrossFit PAX?
- I dropped in to a class at PAX with my friend Ashley Duncan.
What was it like getting started?
- The athletes are very strong and talented at PAX, so initially I was intimidated, but it was motivating and everyone was very welcoming and encouraging.
How long have you been a member and what has changed in your life during that time due to your experience with CrossFit PAX?
- I have been a member at CrossFit PAX since January 2015. I can do so many things that I didn’t think I would be able to before joining PAX. My lifts are heavier, my endurance has improved and I have increased mental toughness and confidence.
What are you most proud of accomplishing?
- Getting my first muscle up in the open last year is still a pretty big moment!
What are some of your favorite workouts or experiences with CrossFit PAX and your family there?
- My favorite experiences are the community activities. The open, Murph and Barbells for Boobs are some of my favorites.
What are your short term and long term goals?
- My short term goal right now is just to get back to the gym after the arrival of Baby P 🙂 I am looking forward to coming back when I am released by my doctor.
- My long term goal is to work on building my strength back up and to be able to get a strict muscle up and walk on my hands.
How has your diet changed since starting CrossFit (if it has), and what foods do you rely on most?
- I was eating close to strict paleo when I first joined PAX, but then I changed to monitoring my macro-nutrients which made a big difference in making strength gains. I have a lot of variety in my diet and don’t really rely on one food.
What advice do you have for our newer members or those thinking about jumping in?
- My advice for anyone new to CrossFit PAX is to be consistent and to get to the gym. That is the best way to make friends and be a part of the community and to see improvements.