Congratulations to Beth Matthews, The CrossFit Pax Athletes In The Spotlight! Beth is a regular to the 9:30 class. Beth does an amazing job at both participating as well as giving shout outs and encouraging others while they workout! Congratulations Beth and keep up the amazing work!
1. What or who brought you to CrossFit PAX?
Maureen Farrell told me about this amazing workout in someone’s home gym/garage.
I was bored with my current exercise routine.
2. What was it like getting started?
Incredibly fun, NEVER boring and challenging. There was a sense of community that I has never experienced before in any gym setting.
3. How long have you been a member and what has changed in your life during that time due to your experience with CrossFit PAX?
I think it was 2010, in Jade & JD’s garage. It’s given me more confidence to try something new, no matter what, I can give it my best. The workouts have translated into giving me more endurance in all other activities I love. It’s also so important as I age that I’m participating in weight lifting.
4. What are you most proud of accomplishing?
Being determined and putting in the work to get a pull-up
5. What are some of your favorite workouts or experiences with CrossFit PAX and your family there?
Murph or any long chippers
6. What are your short term and long term goals?
Short term goal- strict pull-up
Long term goal-staying healthy with no injuries. Showing up at the BOX and giving it my all.
7. How has your diet changed since starting CrossFit (if it has), and what foods do you rely on most?
Counting my MACROS was very eye opening. Is caffeine considered food?
8. What advice do you have for our newer members or those thinking about jumping in?
Don’t compare(easier said than done)
Any movement can be modified to your level of fitness, so don’t say you can’t do it.
Keep coming back, no matter what!!!